Kenya’s oldest registered chess club, Nairobi Chess Club, announced yesterday that they would be hosting the ’53rd Nairobi Chess Club Championship’ over the last weekend of August. Details follow.
Dates: Saturday, 27th and Sunday, 28th August 2011
Time: 2.30 pm on Saturday and 9.30 am on Sunday
Venue: Goan Gymkhana, Ngara Road, Nairobi
- Members: KES 200
- Non-members: KES 800 (includes temporary membership fee of KES 600)
Time Control: 60 minutes per player
Mode of Play: 5 or 6 rounds Swiss system
- 1st Prize: KES 7,500 + trophy
- 2nd Prize: KES 5,000 + trophy
- 3rd Prize: KES 2,500 + trophy
- 1st Prize: KES 3,000 + trophy
- 2nd Prize: KES 2,000
- Temporary membership allows members to use the club facilities every Saturday afternoon from 2 pm to 6 pm and to certain discounts in future events but they cannot vote at the club’s Annual General Meeting.
- Registration: Entries by email and SMS together with cash/M-PESA/bank deposit to be done by 25th August 2011. Please note that the number of participants needs to be confirmed early to facilitate the hiring of tables and chairs. M-PESA number to be used KS Bhari 254-704-179797.
- Draw for round 1 to be published on our website www.nairobichessclub.com and Facebook page on 25th August 2011.
- The winner will be crowned “53rd Nairobi Chess Club Champion”.
For more information contact tournament director Kim Bhari on 0733 733 092 or Githinji Hinga (Director of Play) on 0722 452 458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.