Chess Kenya under the management of the ICKC (Interim Chess Kenya Committee) will be organising the final qualifiers tournament for the World Youth Chess Championships in Maribor, Slovenia later this year over the weekend of 19th and 20th May at Oshwal Academy Nairobi Primary School. Details follow.
2012 WYCC Final Qualifiers – Event Details
Dates: Saturday, 19th and Sunday 20th May 2012
Time: 8 am, Saturday; 9 am, Sunday
Venue: Oshwal Academy Nairobi Primary School, Second Parklands, Nairobi
Categories: Under-8, Under-10, Under-12, Under-14, Under-16, Under-18 Boys and Girls
Time Controls: 60 minutes per player to finish the game
Entry Fee: Kshs 1,000/-
(To pay via M-PESA, send Kshs 1,025/- to 0708 727 616)
Confirmation Deadline: Monday, 14th May
(Participants who have qualified are requested to confirm their participation in this tournament by sending the name of the participant via email to program.director@chesskenya.
Prizes: Top 3 in each category (Boys and Girls) will get trophies
Tournament Director: Paras Gudka
Chief Arbiter: Steve Ouma
Assistant Arbiters: John Mukabi, Collins Young, Isaac Babu, Moses Andiwoh, Geoffrey Owino
Saturday, 19th May 2012
- Registration – 8 to 9 am
- Round 1 – 9 to 11 am
- Round 2 – 11.10 to 1.10 pm
- Lunch – 1.10 to 1.40 pm
- Round 3 – 1.40 to 3.40 pm
- Round 4 – 3.50 to 5.50 pm
Sunday, 20th May 2012
- Round 5 – 9 to 11 am
- Round 6 – 11.10 to 1.10 pm
- Lunch – 1.10 to 1.40 pm
- Round 7 – 1.40 to 3.40 pm
- Prize Giving – 3.50 to 4.30 pm
- This tournament is the final phase of the qualifiers to select the players who will represent Kenya at the World Youth Chess Championships in Maribor, Slovenia in November 2012 and is open only to those who qualified in the first phase tournament held in February.
- Pairings for girls’ can be viewed here. Pairings for boys’ can be viewed here.
- Deadline for confirmation of participation is Monday, 14th May 2012 and may be done by sending participant’s name via email to program.director@chesskenya.
or.keor via SMS on 0708 727 616.
- Entry fee can be paid via M-PESA by sending Kshs 1,025/- to 0708 727 616 or in cash at the tournament venue between 8 and 9 am on 19th May.
- THE SCHEDULE PRINTED ABOVE WILL BE ADHERED TO STRICTLY AND NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- Lunch WILL NOT be provided and can be bought at the tournament venue.
- FIDE tournament rules will apply and the chief arbiter’s decision will be final.
- No consultations or analysis of unfinished games will be accepted.
- If a player withdraws from the tournament before its conclusion, his score at the stage will stand. Unplayed or forfeited games will not be counted.
- No player shall be allowed to waive any exaction of a penalty or the enforcement of the rules under which the tournament is conducted, and he or she shall at all times play to the best of his or her ability.
- For more information contact Steve Ouma on 0733 915 116 or Paras Gudka on 0708 727 616.