Bungoma Chess Club – one of the few active chess clubs outside of Nairobi – will be hosting the Bungoma Chess Club Inaugural Open Tournament as part of the official launch of the club on 23rd and 24th March 2012. The objective of this tournament is
“to officially launch the club, have experienced players countrywide and neighbouring Uganda meet in regions outside major city and grow the chess culture in Kenya”
as indicated in the invitation sent out to other chess clubs across the country. Details of the tournament follow.
Dates: Friday, 23rd and Saturday, 24th March 2012
Time: Friday, 9 am
Venue: Bungoma Tourist Hotel, Bungoma
Categories: Open and Junior
Mode of Play: 6 rounds Swiss system
Time Control: 30 minutes per player to finish the game
Participation Fee: KES 530
Registration Deadline: 5 pm on Thursday, 22nd March 2012
- Open category: To be announced
- Junior category: Trophies and certificates
- The tournament will be run on Swiss system of pairing: 6rounds: 4 on day one and 2 on the final day.
- Play will start at 9 am on Friday, 23th March, thirty minutes per player
- No consultations or analysis of unfinished games will be accepted
- If a player withdraws from the tournament before its conclusion, his score at the stage will stand. Unplayed or forfeited games will not be counted.
- Games will be governed by the laws of chess compiled by the International Chess Federation (FIDE).
- No player shall be allowed to waive any exaction of a penalty or the enforcement of the rules under which the tournament is conducted, and he or she shall at all times play to the best of his or her ability.
- The Tournament Committee is responsible for organizing and running of the event. Arbitrators will rule on all disputes, and the decision of the tournament director will be final.
- Registration can be done via mpesa (Kshs 530 0725002181). Deadline for registration will be strictly on 22nd March at 5 pm. To send money, kindly use mpesa lines registered under your names to avoid confusion.
- Each participant is to sign this entry form and present it at the play hall on the first day of tournament.
- For more information contact Humphrey Nyongesa (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0725 002 181) or Jacobett Nashali (0725 169 749)