Watson Weru and Henry Kabera, chess promoters outside Nairobi are organising a chess tournament for juniors over the coming weekend of 17th and 18th March 2012 in Naivasha. Details follow.
Date: Saturday, 17th March 2012
Time: 10 am
Venue: Naivasha Central Primary School, near Kenya Power & Lighting Co., Naivasha
Categories: Under-8, Under-10, Under-12, Under-14, Under-16 and Under-18 Boys and Girls
Mode of Play: 6 rounds Swiss system
Time Control: [Unknown]
Participation Fee: KES 500
- 8 to 9 am on Saturday, 17th March 2012 at playing venue
- Late registration will be accepted till 11 am but these players will play from Round 2
Prizes: Top three players in each category will receive trophie
- No consultations or analysis of unfinished games will be accepted.
- If a player withdraws from the tournament before its conclusion, his score at the stage will stand.
- Games will be governed by the laws of chess compiled by the International Chess Federation (FIDE) as adopted in August 1955 and since amended and additions adopted by FIDE.
- Where practicable, both players shall give the Tournament Desk a signed, correct and legible record of their game immediately on its completion.
- No player shall be allowed to waive any exaction of a penalty or the enforcement of the rules under which the tournament is conducted, and he or she shall at all times play to the best of his or her ability.
- The Tournament Committee is responsible for the running of the event and the arbitration panel will rule on all disputes, communicating with the Tournament Director whose decision will be final.
- Each player must come with a chess board.
- The top three players in each category will receive trophies. Certificates will be awarded to all the participants. Those who will not collect their prizes during the prize giving ceremony should consider them forfeited.
- For more information contact tournament organisers Watson Weru (0722 355 790) or Henry Kabera (0720 363 477)