Westlands Chess Club will be organising its third tournament since the ‘2012 NCL Qualifiers‘ in January 2012 and the ‘WeCC Biannual Blitz Championship’ earlier this month, this time catering to youth players aged between 5 and 20 over the weekend of 31st March and 1st April 2012. Details follow.
WeCC Youth Open Chess Tournament
Dates: Saturday, 31st March and Sunday, 1st April 2012
Time: Saturday, 9.30 am to 4.15 pm; Sunday, 9.30 am to 5 pm (see schedule below)
Venue: Coffee World (Slush), Corner Plaza, Parklands Road
Category: Open (Youth Players)
Age Group: 5 to 20 only
Mode of Play: 6 rounds Swiss system
Time Control: 60 minutes per player to finish the game
Walkover Time: 0 minutes (if opponent is not present at the start of the round, the player will be deemed to have won via a walkover)
- Members* – KES 750 (KES 780 if paying via M-PESA)
- Non-members – KES 1,000 (KES 1,030 if paying via M-PESA)
*For quarterly, half-yearly or annual members
12 noon on Friday, 30th March Extended till 9.30 am on Saturday, 31st March
- 1st Place (overall) – Trophy + certificate
- 2nd Place (overall) – Trophy + certificate
- 3rd Place (overall) – Trophy + certificate
- 4th Place (overall) – Medal + certificate
- 5th Place (overall) – Medal + certificate
- Raffle surprizes
Dress Code: Smart casuals (shorts, short skirts, singlets or vests are not allowed)
Tournament Arbiter: Paras Gudka
Tournament Organiser: Paras Gudka
Saturday, 31st March 2012
- 9 to 9.30 am: Arrival of players + warm up
- 9.30 to 11.30 am: Round 1
- 11.45 am to 1.45 pm: Round 2
- 2.15 to 4.15 pm: Round 3
Sunday, 1st April 2012
- 9.30 to 11.30 am: Round 4
- 11.45 am to 1.45 pm: Round 5
- 2.15 to 4.15 pm: Round 6
- 4.30 to 5.00 pm: Closing ceremony + prize giving + surprize raffle
- This tournament is open to the first 40 youth chess players between the ages of 5 and 20 (proof of age required) to register for the event.
- Deadline for payment of the tournament participation fee is 9.30 am on Saturday, 31st March 2012 and payment can be made:
- Via M-PESA to 0705 662 705 (add a withdrawal fee of KES 25 per entry)
- In cash during our weekly club meets at Coffee World (Slush), Corner Plaza, Parklands Road on Wednesdays from 6.30 to 9.30 pm. A receipt will be issued for the same.
- FIDE tournament rules will apply and the arbiter’s decision will be final.
- In case of a tie, the player with a higher Buchholz will be awarded the prize.
- THE SCHEDULE PRINTED ABOVE WILL BE ADHERED TO STRICTLY AND NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- Lunch WILL NOT be provided and can be bought at the tournament venue.
- Participants will be able to see their WeCC rapid ratings within a week of completion of the tournament.
- In case of queries, call tournament director Paras Gudka on 0712 881 515.